Creative Capital Grant For Artists – This is a nonprofit creative capital that is based in New York City. Till now they have already released 50 artist projects that they aim to fund as a part of their upcoming 2023 mission. Having a total budget of $2.5 million, they pledge to provide a maximum of $50,000 to each project. As their number of projects goes up to 50 from 35, the organization for their 2023 mission reports that almost 90% of award winners identify as POC and BIPOC;
Black, Indigenous, Latino, and Asian artists. A 14-member panel that included curators John Andress, Edgar Miramontes, Mara Elena Ortiz, and Jasmine Wahi, as well as prior winners like Zach Blas, Srikanth Reddy, and Kaneza Schall, selected these award recipients. The winners were chosen among the 4000 applications that were received in response to an open call for applications. Let’s learn about Creative Capital Grant in detail.
Highlights of this Post
What is the creative capital grant
A Creative Capital Grant is a financial assistance program offered by the government or non-profit organizations that provide funding for creative projects, creative artist, writers and to all those have more creativity. This organization provides a total grant of $95,000 for each project that gets divided into two categories; direct funding up to $50,000 and career development up to $45,000.
There are only a handful of nonprofit organizations that award Grants to Individual Artists via an open application procedure and Creative Capital happens to be one of them. From arts to other genres, this organization is one of the leading providers that help seize unique opportunities and creative notions.
Our customized option supports an artist with both financial and advisory assets that assist them in building a long-term career that fulfills their artistic vision. Creative Capital works with individual artists for a period of three to seven years. During this time the artist and the nonprofit organization are bonded by a high level of trust and dedication.
What is the Objective of Creative Capital Grants
In order to provide the capital grants an annual competition is held among citizens, non-temporary residents, and USA 0-1 visa holders. To be a part of the competition, artists must enlist their names for Creative Capital Grant.
Every year around 4000 or more applications are submitted. Only 50 artists make it through the competition and get a Capital Grants award. The award is known for being inclusive as 75% of winners are black, indigenous, Asian, and Latino people of all abilities, ages, and religion.
Creative Capital Grants Cycle 2023-2024
Here artists are requested to submit their individual work and later it is judged by an outside panel of reviewers who hold experience in the specific fields. Here art is only based on their natures like interdisciplinary, anti-disciplinary, and multidisciplinary. An artist gets to pick their favorite form of art based on the above-mentioned categories and base their entire work around that area.
Creative Capital is known for choosing innovative projects that have the potential to impact the society and contribute to new meaningful ways of life. The organization also allows the participants to submit multidisciplinary projects in every single category knowing that social engagement can transcend categories. Under 100 Ways to Reverse Global Warming project that follows the spirit of
UN’s 17 Sustainable Development Goals for 2030, our organization takes the meaning of sustainability to another level. It travels far above the environmental, health, and energy issues that we encounter every day.
Creative capital grants 2023 awardees – 50 Awards
- Literature: Under this category comes poetry, fiction, non-fiction, socially engaging topics, texts about sustainability, and gender-defying works.
- Performing Arts: This includes theater, dancing, Jazz, classical, songs, progressive opera, socially appealing sustainable performances, and multimedia performances.
- Technology: This category surrounds digital art, games, interdisciplinary arts, VR or XR, bio art, artificial intelligence, data visualization, net art, new genres, and technology-based practices that are endurable or socially connected.
Creative capital grants 2024 awardees – 50 Awards
- Visual Arts: Under this section contains new genres, skills, and methods that are established on socially connected and durable visual arts. Besides this, there is also portrait, sculpture, illustration, photography, architecture, design, multimedia, installation, and video art that exists.
- Motion Film and Image: This involves socially committed and bearable moving pictures as well as experimental movies, short films, animation, documentaries, and narrative films.
How can one apply for Creative Capital Grants?
There is information and a step-by-step guide available here on Creative Capital Award. Download the link to know more about that rounds you should apply for.
Equipment schemes and Minor Works range from $5,000 to $250,000.
Under this area, the budgets go from $5,000 to $250,000. Through SmartyGrants you can submit your application form securely.
Projects ranges from $250,000 to $5,000,000 (Medium to Large)
Phase 1 of our secure online grants system, SmartyGrants, requires you to complete an expression of interest form if your organization is applying for a grant of more than $250,000.
If your Expression of Interest is accepted in Stage 1, you will be asked to complete a Stage 2 application through SmartyGrants, our safe online grants system.
A simplified business case that has been conducted and approved must attend Phase 2 applications. You should give point-by-point data, for example, B. A letter of support, a thorough fund demonstrating the contribution, and evidence about the project, its administration, and its administrators. The template for the simplified business case will soon be available.
Creative Capital Grants Application Procedure
There are various rounds for Creative Capital Grants application. below we are sharing a step by step guide that can help you to understand how to follow procedure while applying for it.
ROUND One: Spill out your idea. Letter of Inquiry (LOI)
Name your project title, one-line project definition (maximum 25 words), project explanation (maximum 250 words), resume, and artist website (if credible).
You are also required to respond to the following questions as well.
- How does your project shift in an ethical and creative strategy to content and form? Kindly be as particular as you can within 150 words.
- What influences your work as an artist? Explain your work in context for better evaluation. How is your current project impacted by your past work? Provide examples that may include other artists’ works, art movements, cultural origin, science, philosophy, and work that exceeds arts. This must be explained within 150 words.
- How do you expect your project to impact different fields such as political, environmental, communal, civic, intellectual, artistic, and social? Interpret your strategy to get your desired outcome within 100 words.
- Name your targeted audience and communities. Explain your ideas to reach them within 100 words.
- Explain how your project can stimulate your professional and artistic progress. How can this project become a turning point in your career? Define in 100 words.
Creative Capital offers award recipients scaffolding and support services in addition to financing (such as superior consultations, conferences, retreats, alumni configuration, and workshops). How do you expect our non-monetary relief to assist you in achieving your project’s motives and your long-term artistic and professional growth? Explain in 100 words.
ROUND Two: Project Details
- One page explaining the details of the project’s funding.
- One page illustrating the timeline of the project.
- 5 still images and 5 minutes of video as work samples.
ROUND Three: Final review by the panel
Proof of Eligibility is provided by finalists. each project that won an award and was a finalist that has a direct connection to one of the 17 UN Sustainable Development Goals for the year 2030.
Additionally, the 100 Ways to Reverse Global Warming Decline project has the opportunity to use the Sustainable Development goal’s shape or symbol. Post your project on our Creative Capital website to stimulate global discussion of these important issues affecting the future of our communities, our world, and beyond.
Creative capital grant timeline to apply for 2023-2024
In the areas of literature, technology, and performance, artists can submit applications for their projects.
Here we provide you with a detailed timeline.
- From March 1 to April 1 of 2023, the Letter of Inquiry (LOI) gets submitted.
- The letter of Inquiry deadline is till April 1 of 2023 at 4 p.m. as per the NYC timeline.
- Promotion notification to Round II happens around July 2023.
- From the final panel review to the notification of promotion occur around September 2023.
- The announcement of the Creative Capital Awards 2023 gets declared around January 2024.
Creative capital grants deadline to apply for 2024
Artists get to apply for projects that fall under the visual and moving image categories. These given dates however are not permanent and can change later on.
- Letter of Inquiry (LOI) gets accepted from March 1 to March 31 of 2023.
- The letter of Inquiry (LOI) deadline is on March 31, 2023, at 4 pm based on NYC time.
- Promotion notification to Round II happens around July 2023.
- During September 2023, notification of advancement to the final panel review is set to release.
- The announcement of the Creative Capital Grant 2024 will publicly take place in January 2024.
Artist Eligibility To apply for Creative Capital Grants
- The person must be a U.S. citizen, a permanent legal resident, or an O-1 visa holder.
- The person must be of 25 years or older.
- The artist must have at least 5 years of professional practice career.
- The applicant cannot be enrolled as a full-time student.
- The person applying for this grant cannot apply for the Warhol Foundation Arts Writers grant program in the same year.
- The person must not have received a Creative Capital Grant previously.
- The person cannot be an applicant for more than one project in a single year.
Creative Capital Grants Support Available For Applicants
Get in touch with the Creative Capital team with any queries you may have:
Telephone: (02) 8289 6582
Cell Number: 0477 213 434
Email ID: [email protected]
If you wish to be one of the fifty blessed artists who get approved for the Creative Capital Grant next year, hurry up and fill in your application form now. Here we have provided you with detailed instructions on how you can achieve that. From accurate timeline to eligibility criteria for Creative Capital Grant, we have enlisted everything here to make sure you can successfully apply for this fund. Thanks for reading this article. Have a great day ahead!
Frequently Asked Questions
We are going to answer some of the most frequently asked questions about Creative Capital Grant. Go through the question and answers to gain additional knowledge
What do you mean by Creative Capital Grant?
Creative Capital Grant mainly works with individual artists for a period of three to seven years. The organization also offers a total grant amount of$95,000 for each project and it is divided into two main categories: direct funding and career development.
What is the main aim of Creative Capital Grant?
The aim of Creative Capital Grant is to help black, indigenous, Asian and Lationo people of all ages, religions and abilities. However, the selection procedure is quite tough as only 50 artists are selected among 4000 applicants every year.
Am I eligible for a Creative Capital Grant?
Yes, there are some eligibility requirements that you need to fulfill to qualify for the Creative Capital Grant. First of all you need to be a U.S Citizen and must be 25 years of age or more. But remember you cannot be enrolled as a full time student.