COVID-19 FUNERAL ASSISTANCE FEMA has came forward to bare the expenses of Covid-19 deaths funerals on or after 20th January, 2020. As we all know, Covid-19 has brought so many deaths and grief among people, we are just trying to help them before and during as well as after the disaster. FEMA aims to provide help to needy people and gets supports from different forums like under the act of American Rescue Plan Act of 2021 and so many.
Funeral Assistance Policy
It is hereby instructed to the applicants to provide a signed documents from official regarding death certificate or any documents which is a proof of covid-19 death which is occurred between the time period of 20th January to 16th May, 2020. Covid-19 Funeral assistance policy was amended by us to helps the deaths which occurred in very first month. You can funeral financial assistance for low income from these various resources we are listing below
How to apply For FEMA Funeral Assistance Covid 19
Those who use relay services like videophone or captel, then please give us your phone number and details so that our service team can reach upto you to provide services. You can also call to toll free numbers available on the website to ask for help. There are facilities of multi languages so that it becomes easy to communicate with you. Funeral assistance FAQ is also there to answer different questions related to funeral expenses.
Who is Eligible for Covid19 Funeral assistance?
To qualify for this policy you need to meet these criteria essentially:
- Local medical examiner or the original certifier of those death certificates must sign the death certificates of the deceased.
- For those deaths which happened after the time from 16thMay,2020, should confirm that this is a covid-19 death.
- The death certificate must include the cause of the death along with an additional explanation, or the links with covid-19.
- The deaths which happened between 20thJanuary to 16th May must have the cause of the death and which shows that it occurred because of covid. It should be properly signed too.
If you already have the expenses for death related to covid-19, then you are instructed to keep the documents:
- Death certificates should be signed officially and it should show that you are a resident of US and Columbia.
- The death should be caused by covid directly or indirectly if the death happened after 17thMay,2020.
- If the death has been occurred between 20thJanuary to 16th May,2020, then the death certificate should be signed by an official or medical examiner to proof that the death is caused by covid.
If you qualify for these funeral assistance then you will get money through bank cheque or direct bank deposit, based on what you prefer and fill during filling up the application form.
Can I apply online For Fema Funeral Assistance
When you will apply for FEMA facility, you’ll get a specific FEMA number and you can send your documents in different ways too. There are several assistants available to help you if you face any difficulties while applying. It will take only 20 minutes to complete the full application process.
- Upload your identity proof and documents on their official website.
- You can mail them.
- You also can fax them too.
You need to display the identity proof and other documents as well as the death certificates which shows the death has been occurred by covid. No online application are accepted as you can mail them fax them or even call them.
Who can apply for Covid-19 funeral assistance?
- People are qualified for this assistance if they are the resident of US and District of Columbia and the death must be caused by covid-19.
- You must be a U.S. citizen, qualified alien or non-citizen national, who directly related to funeral expenses on or after 20th
Who cannot apply for funeral assistance?
- A child who is not a citizen of US and applying for an adult is not eligible for this facility. But a US citizen child can avail this offer if they are directly related to the covid-19 death funeral.
- Businesses, states, organizations and tribes are not qualified enough for enjoying the funeral facilities.
- There are few aliens who don’t come under this assistance are as follows-
- Foreign students
- Citizen of Palau, states of Micronesia, Marshall Island
- Tourist visa holders for temporary period
- Work visa holders for shorter time
Can I apply for COVID-19 Funeral Assistance for more than one death? Is there a limit?
If you want to receive multiple death assistance due to covid then you must be a US citizen. You can get upto minimum of $9000 for an individual and $35000 for maximum amount.
Documents Needed For Funeral Assistance
Call 844-684-6333 to apply for COVID-19 Funeral Assistance. The office is open Monday through Friday from 9:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. m. until 9:00 p.m., m., U.S. Eastern Time. Services are offered in multiple languages. Keeping and gathering documentation of funeral expenses from COVID-19 is recommended. Examples of this information include:
- An official death certificate that demonstrates that the death occurred within the United States of America, including U.S. Territories and the District of Columbia, and is directly or indirectly associated with COVID-19.
- You will need documents that detail funeral expenses (receipts, contracts with funeral homes, etc.) with the applicant and the deceased’s names, amounts, and dates.
- Provide evidence of funds provided by other sources specifically to cover funeral expenses. The FEMA cannot duplicate benefits received from insurance policies or funeral plans, or from government or non-government agencies providing financial assistance for funeral assistance.
What funeral expenses are covered?
There are different facilities for covid-19 funeral assistance which includes:
- Transfer of other remains
- Funeral services
- Transportation cost for upto two person to identify the deceased ones
- Casket of urns
- Burial plots
- Arrangement of the funeral ceremony
- Additional expenses mandated by any applicable local or state government laws or ordinances
- Use of funeral home equipment or staff
- Costs associated with producing and certifying multiple death certificates
Can a funeral home apply on my behalf?
The person who is applying for funeral home should not be a territories or businessman. Thus, it is not available for funeral assistance or to be applied as a co-assistant.
What can I do to avoid delays in processing my COVID-19 Funeral Assistance application?
You need to display the identity proof and other documents as well as the death certificates which shows the death has been occurred by covid. Once you apply for this, the verification will start for further procedure of assistance.
Will the money run out?
Funding gaps have not been recognized as The President provides the funding related to covid-19 death funeral assistance.
Can I apply for COVID-19 Funeral Assistance even though I’ve already applied for a recent disaster event?
You need to call the covid-19 funeral assistance for application process and expenses related queries. If you currently applied for assistance under FEMA disaster assistance for your home and personal properties damage and other funeral expenses for a death occurred to COVID-19 on or after 20th January,2020.