How To Get Straight Talk ACP Program – Straight talk is one of the main wireless service providers in the United States that offers the best non-contract plans and services to its customers. The company takes part in the EBB program that is otherwise called the emergency broadband benefit program. This is a federal government assistance program that was started to assist low-income families, the unemployed, and anybody that was significantly impacted by COVID-19 bears the cost of internet access. All qualified EBB families were offered a chance to get free wireless services under Straight Talk.
However, the Straight Talk EBB program was supplanted by the new, long-term Straight Talk ACP program. Essentially, this new plan was intended to associate qualified families to virtual schooling, healthcare, and work opportunities. You can qualify for the Straight Talk ACP program by taking part in any Lifeline qualifying program. You can likewise qualify if you have an income that is equivalent to or underneath 200% of the federal poverty guidelines. In this article, we have discussed Straight Talk affordable connectivity programs and other related thoughts so keep reading! If you are a resident of California, looking to get your hands on a new smartphone, then there are some of the best California Lifeline cell phone providers out there that can surely help you with that.
Highlights of this Post
What is the Affordability Connectivity Program (ACP)?
ACP is a congress-initiated program that was formed to take control over the Emergency Broadband Benefit program. FCC supports this program with the goal of aiding low-income families or people to get to broadband services without any problem. As such, the program assists generally qualified families with managing the cost of internet access for school, work, and look for health care.
The program offers a most extreme internet access discount of $30 each month for non-tribal lands and up to $75 for tribal lands. Besides, it gives out a maximum discount of $100 to purchase a computer, tablet, desktop, or laptop from any qualified service provider. However, you should make a deposit of at least $10 to $50 in advance of the purchase.
Likewise, you ought to be from a low-income family or a recipient of any government assistance program. Note that the monthly service discount is restricted to one time per month and the connectivity device discount is limited to one time and one device for every family.
What is the Difference Between EBB and ACP on Straight Talk?
The Straight Talk EBB program changed to the Straight Talk ACP program in 2021. However, their free wireless plan stayed consistent and was expected to change essentially from 2022. There are a few things that have changed between the two programs, despite the fact that their plans are still the same. The following are the differences among EBB and ACP on Straight Talk.
- In EBB, qualified families’ income limit was 135% of the federal poverty rules. This changed in the Straight Talk ACP program where qualified families should have an income limit of 200% of the federal poverty guidelines.
- Straight talk EBB qualified consumers used to receive the maximum month to month discount of $50 on internet service. This has progressed from $50 to $30 in the straight talk ACP program.
How Does the Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP) Work with Straight Talk?
It’s no question that the Coronavirus pandemic incredibly impacted practically every part of our everyday lives. Therefore, ACP, a recently started program, was framed to assist low-income families or people with getting to broadband services without any problem. Operated by the federal government, this program helps qualified customers through partaking service providers. Among many, Straight Talk is perhaps one of the most reliable providers that works with ACP to transfer monthly discounts to these customers.
As a result, Straight Talk and the Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP) collaborate to mitigate the effects of this pandemic on communication. This is accomplished by providing eligible customers with free wireless service plans. These plans offer free unlimited talk, text, and data. As a matter of fact, some qualified straight talk consumers may be fortunate to get extra advantages under this program relying upon your residential state. A part of the additional discounts are $30 month to month discount on internet services and up to $100 on devices.
Reasons You Should Select Straight Talk Affordable Connectivity Program
Among numerous ACP service providers, Straight Talk services stand out in various ways. The following are reasons for why many customers selected the Straight Talk ACP program.
- You get free wireless services. With the Straight Talk ACP program, you get free monthly calls, texts and data. These services are free as well as unlimited. That implies you are allowed to make calls, text friends and family and browse the internet for free with no limits.
- Quality services. With straight talk, you don’t just get free wireless services but additionally quality services. As a straight talk ACP customer, you will undoubtedly appreciate high data speed, streaming quality and dependable call services whenever.
- It offers services without a contract. You are not obligated to use Straight Talk’s services. Along these lines, you are allowed to quit and enroll in another service without an early termination charge. This definitely gives you freedom of choice.
Qualifying Requirements for Straight Talk Affordable Connectivity Program
You can qualify for the Straight Talk ACP program benefits if you meet all the following guidelines:
- In the event that you have a maximum total household income of 200% of the federal poverty level.
- If you get help from any government assistance programs. These are programs like SNAP, Medicaid, WIC, SSI and Federal Public Housing Assistance.
- If you partake or get help from any tribal land specific programs. A part of these programs are food distribution programs on the Indian reservations, tribal TANF and bureau of Indian affairs general assistance.
- If you were granted a federal Pell grant in an ongoing academic year.
- If you have been supported to get a free or discounted cost school lunch or school breakfast program through the USDA community eligibility provision in the last three school years.
- If you are a participant of the Lifeline program
- If you meet the requirement of partaking in some other provider’s low-income program.
Documents Needed to Apply for the Straight Talk Affordable Connectivity Program
As already referenced, ACP benefits are limited to low-income families. In this manner, you are expected to confirm eligibility during your application. This is by attaching documents to demonstrate that you qualify for the program. These documents include:
- Job termination documents if you qualified for the program because of employment loss. This could be your disintegration notice or termination letter.
- If you qualify based on your assistance program participation, you ought to attach documents of approval to the program. It could also be a letter of verification or an award of benefits. A part of these documentation are Medicaid approval letter, SNAP benefits verification letter or Federal public housing benefit award letter among others.
- If you qualify based on your all out family income being equivalent to or under 200% of the federal poverty limits, you ought to attach documentation to demonstrate your financial situation is definitely strained. Some of these documents are Annual state, federal or tribal tax return copy, Social security statement of benefits, Veteran administration document or Child support award.
- At long last, you are likewise expected to attach copies of documents to demonstrate your identity. Passport, birth certificate, certificate of US naturalization, US driver’s license, or document with an individual taxpayer identification number are examples of such documents.
How To Apply for a Straight Talk Affordable Connectivity Program?
While applying for the Straight Talk Affordable Connectivity program, you have a bunch of options to consider. You have the option of selecting the most advantageous of the three.
- You can apply through the FCC page. Here, you can visit “acpbenefit.org” and fill out an application form. Utilize their finder to identify a provider close to you then select straight talk as your favored provider. Once you get approved, contact Straight Talk and sign up to their services.
- Alternatively, you can apply through mail. You can print an application here, fill out the household worksheet and application manually, attach proof of your eligibility, and mail them to “ACP support center, PO Box 7081, London, KY 40742.”
- Last but not least, you can apply through your service provider directly. You can contact straight talk for help through 1-833-343-8322 or visit their site and apply through the following process:
Application Process of straight talk ACP Free Phone Programs
Determine your eligibility
This expects you to determine if you match straight talk ACP qualifying requirements. Visit straight talk official site to find out about their necessities. If you meet somewhere around one of them, you can continue with the application.
Fill out an application form
The next step is to fill and out submit Straight Talk ACP application form online. Fortunately, this procedure is so simple and precise. To begin, go to this website: “broadbandbenefit.com/en/#!/ebbp/marketplace/landing?brand=STRAIGHT_TALK.” There, enter your legal name, ZIP code, and email address, and then tap “continue” to finish the application process. During the application, you will be expected to attach qualification evidence prior to submitting the form. Submit after that and wait for approval.
After submission, you ought to wait for a couple of business days for your form to be reviewed and approved. They will approve your application and let you know through Straight straight Talk if you qualify. After that, your straight talk ACP benefits will begin.
Are There Any Limitations for this Straight Talk Affordable Connectivity Program?
Yes, the Straight Talk affordable connectivity program has some restrictions. Most importantly, the program isn’t intended to benefit everybody. All things being equal, it is limited to low-income families and assistance program members. Other restrictions on this program are listed below.
- The Straight Talk Affordable Connectivity Program only provides benefits to one household member.
- Discounts for Straight Talk ACP are only available once per month.
- Straight talk ACP device discounts are restricted to one time for every family.
- ACP benefits cannot be transferred between family members.
The Straight Talk ACP program is a recently started program that helps low-income families, or individuals access free or financed broadband services. The United States government runs this program and assists qualified consumers through a participating service provider such as Straight Talk. However, given that Straight Talk was a participant in the EBB program that led to the Affordable Connectivity Program, it is expected that this service provider will collaborate with ACP to provide its customers with monthly discounts. If you are a senior who is currently receiving benefits from Medicare, there are many providers who provide free phones for seniors on Medicare and will be able to help you out. Likewise, there are AARP free cell phones for seniors available as well. If you are currently drowning in debt and in need of immediate assistance, there are some free government debt relief programs you can reach out to. Similarly, there are Advantage Approval Programs that you can take advantage of for your day-to-day needs.
Frequently Asked Questions – FAQs
Following are some questions and answers about the Straight Talk ACP program. Check some of them out below.
How to check the Straight Talk ACP program application status?
After filling out your straight talk ACP benefits application letter and submitting it, your application verification will be checked and approval given earliest possible. Later, Straight Talk will inform you of your approval. In any case, if the notice is delayed, you can personally check your straight talk status through the Straight Talk ACP page.
What is the Straight Talk ACP program customer service number?
You can reach Straight Talk ACP program customer service at 1-833-333-9227. If you decide to continue using their service after the ACP benefit ends, the regular rates, terms, and conditions of the plan you choose will apply.
Can you receive ACP if your household is already receiving Lifeline benefits?
Yes. Although both are government assistance programs, they are particular. Hence, an individual or family is completely qualified to get both Lifeline and ACP benefits. As a matter of fact, if you partake in Lifeline, you automatically qualify to get ACP benefits.
Can you get a free tablet under ACP?
ACP gives qualified buyers a one-time device discount to buy a tablet. Here, you get up to a $100 tablet discount. This is after paying an upfront buy price of $10 to $50. Consequently, getting a free tablet under ACP is impossible. Instead, you get a $100 discount to buy a tablet.
How to transfer EBB Benefit to ACP?
You don’t need to transfer your EBB benefits to ACP. This is because according to FCC directives, EBB benefits recipients will consequently keep on enjoying their advantages under ACP. Therefore, your EBB benefits are naturally transferred to ACP under a 60-day transition period.