Pandemic Unemployment Assistance- The world is aware of this pandemic and its cost too, May Job has gone, many industries have shut down, Government unemployment insurance Relief assistance can help you in this bad time, The Federal Government initiated a stimulus worth $2.2 trillion dollars in relief to assist families, individuals, business owners, small business owners, and health care, workers. on March 27th government passed a new law which is a “Cares Act 2020” which is initiated by the federal government as a relief fund to assist individuals, businesses who are affected by COVID-19 Pandemic. Under the same act “CARES Act “independent contractors and individuals who self-employed can also benefit from the relief package under the program called “PUA” or the Pandemic Unemployment Assistance. Those individuals who lost their jobs due to the pandemic can be eligible to receive this pandemic unemployment assistance for up to a period of 39 weeks. The Pandemic unemployment assistance program is funded by the US federal government. The individual states are given the responsibility to administer the program and to check individuals who are eligible for unemployment benefits. If individuals who did not apply for unemployment benefits, they need to apply for at their respective state unemployment offices. Individuals who are unable to work due to pandemic public health crisis. This program helps those who are not eligible for special benefits provided by the federal government and is helpful for those individuals who have no other types of unemployment benefits. The program can be able to assist those who have no consistent work history or have significantly fallen into losses due to the direct impact of the pandemic.
Who is Eligible for the Pandemic Unemployment Assistance Program?
This program is offered to those individuals, business owners, self-employed individuals and individual contractors who do not have other employment and have lost opportunities due to COVID-19 pandemic and who are not eligible for regular Unemployment Insurance (UI) program.
To be able to claim these pandemic unemployment assistance programs, he or she must have a proper working history or have lost job opportunities due to COVID-19 reasons. He or she must apply for a pandemic unemployment assistance program in their respective state administrative offices. The process could take at least 21 to 28 days to complete
- To Claim the benefits, one must be US citizen and is working in the US or must be working with associated us based company and is unemployed due to COVID-19
- To claim the benefits, one must apply within the state office, if you are working other than the place you live, the following administrative unemployment agency or office will ensure you are well informed about the application Terms & Conditions.
- In order to receive your claim correctly, you are asked to submit valid proofs and documents about your employer, your address, and the date of the former employer where you have last worked, you need to provide your (SSN) social security number, etc
How do I apply for unemployment benefits?
The Applicants need to submit the following documents in order to be eligible for pandemic unemployment assistance program, we are giving you step-by-step about document verification.
- You need to provide your Social security number
- If you are not a citizen of the United States, then you must provide A Number which is USCIS Number
- You have to provide your correct residential address if not the address which you are residing currently
- Point of contact (telephone or mobile number)
- Email Address for updates and verification documents
- Your DOB which is to provide your date of birth certificate if required
- You need to provide your current employer work history and related proofs such as paycheck stubs, 2019 1099 forms, bank statements, 2019 tax returns, etc.
- If you seeking using direct deposit for the bank account, you can do so by providing your bank details
WBA (Weekly Benefit Amount) Assistance for unemployed
All the eligible applications will now receive additional unemployment benefits weekly by the federal Act, in this assistance program all the individuals who are eligible will receive a minimum weekly benefit amount plus additionally, you are eligible to receive $600 dollars as a federal pandemic unemployment compensation weekly reward. This amount is subjected to increase once his or her income proofs are verified.
How to Apply for Pandemic Unemployment Assistance Online
We are providing you step-step process on how to submit your application for the eligible benefits considering unemployment due to COVID-19 reasons.
- You can simply visit the state’s pandemic unemployment assistance portal, follow the instructions given in the application, and submit your application.
- After submitting your application, if your documents and proofs are valid, the department of pandemic unemployment assistance will review your application and check your details for confirmation. It will review your details such as if at all you are unemployed due to COVID-19 reasons and if not, you are physically able to work or available for work Etc.
- Following the documents verification and review system, you must apply for weekly compensation benefits for each whether your work is impacted by COVID-19. You can apply for California unemployment assistance program here
- You need to verify your details if there is any kind of information that the department of unemployment assistance would require related to eligibility within the said time. Failure to submit your information will result in the disqualification of your application. You can respond to such a questionnaire at This link
- Next, The department of unemployment assistance will finalize if your application is approved, if approved how much you are going to get under the pandemic unemployment assistance program, if you are denied from receiving from benefits, you can still submit your application again within 30 days. You can apply here
- If all the details are correctly submitted and are reviewed and approved, you can receive your money in 3 to 4 business days if your account is a direct deposit or otherwise you, it could take at least 10-14 business days
Pandemic Emergency Unemployment Compensation or PEUC Benefits
On March 27th, 2020 the federal government initiated a new Act or law which is the “CARES Act”. Under this Act, the unemployment benefits are extended up to 13 weeks under the new pandemic emergency unemployment compensation program. It is an extension of the state unemployment insurance benefits. PEUC Is made from Federal Act 2020. This is applied when you exhausted your regular state unemployment insurance program. All individuals who are eligible for regular state unemployment insurance are also eligible for PEUC benefits. It is not necessarily a COVID-19 Pandemic reason in order to receive PEUC benefits.
How to Apply for Pandemic Emergency Unemployment Compensation (PEUC)?
Sign in to your online benefits portal and then find Pandemic Emergency Unemployment Compensation Link. Follow the instructions from the portal, Federal guidelines require you to file a separate claim for PEUC benefits. These benefits will not apply following if you have exhausted your 12-week regular state unemployment insurance benefits. If you are not eligible for PEUC benefits you will not see that option in your account.
Federal Pandemic Unemployment Compensation
The federal pandemic unemployment compensation program offers benefits an additional $600 dollars for individuals who collecting regular unemployment benefits programs.
Unemployment Insurance (UI) benefits
Unemployment insurance benefits are offered to those individuals who have lost jobs due to COVID-19 Pandemic and are meeting the requirements specified under the unemployment insurance benefits program. If you have lost your job or partially lost your employment or if your business fell into losses, you can apply for unemployment insurance, before claiming the benefits you are asked to submit valid proof or documents as to which reason you are unemployed, etc. in order to receive the benefits you must meet all the eligibility requirements before claiming the insurance. For more information, you can visit
Pandemic unemployment assistance Florida
Individuals who are from Florida are eligible to receive compensation up to $275 dollars and additionally, he or she will receive weekly as pandemic unemployment assistance benefits beginning from March 29,2020, to July 25, 2020, For more information, you can visit this link here
Pandemic unemployment assistance Ohio
Ohio department of jobs and family services(ODJFS) recently initiated their pandemic unemployment assistance (PUA) funded by the federal government and administered by state governments, individuals are eligible for the PUA can apply online at
regular unemployment portal: Link
PUA Portal: Link
It is offering weekly benefits of minimum $134 dollars and maximum up to $480 dollars
Pandemic unemployment assistance Alabama
Alabama State government currently paying out PUA (Pandemic unemployment assistance) for its residents, the applicants are requested to apply for regular unemployment insurance before applying for PUA. We are providing you the link here https://www.labor.alabama.gov/ The minimum compensation is rewarded between $45 and up to $275 dollars.
You can find these source very helpful and reliable during this pandemic, Due to lock down and shut down, labor migrations the employment is another major issue to be tackle, pandemic unemployment assistance Can help you through this hard time, the government also helping people to get free money which never to pay back in this hard time. The government already running many grants for unemployed you can find better help and can apply for grants which can help you