How to get free Access Wireless Phones for low income families – The lives of the less privileged individuals become more challenging when they fail to afford a cellular phone that they can use to apply for a job, take online classes or talk to their near and loved ones. They remain deprived of basic communication tools as they are not aware of the government phones that are available for the low-income groups.
If you’re looking for free phones for low-income people then do not worry as Access Wireless will help you with free phones. Similar to how Safelink is a Tracfone lifeline program, Assurance Wireless is a Virgin Mobile Lifeline program, Access on the other hand is an I-Wireless operated program launched in 2011 on the Sprint network. This guide will throw light on the eligibility criteria, application procedure and other details about Access Wireless free phones for low income.
Recommended: StandUp Wireless Free Phones for low Income
Highlights of this Post
What Is Access Wireless?
Access Wireless is a popular nonprofit organization that is geared towards low-income people and set by the government to help people get acquainted with technology. The less fortunate people who do not have the financial means to buy a phone can access communication services through Access Wireless.
As with other Lifeline programs, Access customers have to recertify every year and fill renewal application forms to continue receiving benefits from Access Wireless. Apart from the basic features, Access Wireless also provides an opportunity for people to make free international calls, free mobile phones and long-distance connectivity services.
Recommended: Affordable Connectivity Program (acp) for low income
What Are The States Where Access Wireless Operates?
Access Wireless is available in a few specific states in America. The company is expanding its services and plans in more states with each passing day to help more destitute people and change their lives for the better using technology.
Access Wireless is available in the following states: Alabama, Arizona, Arkansas, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Delaware, District of Columbia, Florida, Georgia, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, lows, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Michigan, Nebraska, New Hampshire, Nevada, New Jersey, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Virginia, Washington, West Virginia and Wisconsin.
Note: It is important to keep in mind that New Mexico and New Jersey may only apply for ACP as Access Wireless does not provide government-free phone plans in these two respective states.
Recommended: How to Get Free Assurance Wireless Phone
Does Access Wireless Provide Free Cell Phones To Low-Income People?
Yes Access Wireless enrollment provides low-income people with free smartphone opportunities. A lot of people become confused about who can access the free smartphones.
If you think everyone can get a free phone by obtaining the Access Wireless Free Smartphone Program then this is far from being true.
Lifeline and ACP are two federal-designed government assistance programs that have eligibility criteria so you need to meet certain criteria set by Access Wireless to get a free phone and other perks that come with this provider.
Recommended: Assurance Wireless Compatible Phones at Walmart
How Does Access Wireless Help People With Free Phones?
A primary reason why Access Wireless provides free cell phones is to make sure low-income individuals and families with limited resources can stay in touch with their loved ones. Your cell phone is a primary need to communicate, access healthcare opportunities, apply for jobs etc.
Supporting Needs Of Low-Income Individuals
Access Wireless helps people who want to qualify for government assistance programs since they’re struggling to afford phone services and quality phones. They provide essential services including a free smartphone to those who are in need.
Recommended: Blu Wireless Free Government Phone For low Income
Enhancing Access To Better Services
Access Wireless addresses the fact that having a cell phone is not only about communication. A cell phone is a gateway to accessing better job opportunities, government services, learning about emergency assistance programs and other educational resources.
Government Lifeline Program
Access Wireless is a popular wireless company in America that takes part in the federally funded Lifeline program and subsidizes phone services and plans for low-income households.
Addresses The Digital Divide
Access to better Internet and phone services is becoming a need with each passing day. Access Wireless provides free phones and service plans to bridge the digital gap and make sure everyone in the United States can access online opportunities and resources to make ends meet.
What Are The Eligibility Criteria To Get Access Wireless Free Phones For Low-Income?
If you want to get the perks and benefits of Access Wireless phones and mobile services you have to meet certain eligibility criteria to demonstrate your financial status.
Eligibility Criteria For Access Wireless Lifeline Program
The eligibility criteria to qualify for Access Wireless Lifeline Free Phones are as follows:
- Being a citizen of the United States and resident of a state (listed above)
- Must have income at or below a specific percentage of the federal poverty level. Generally, you need to have income at or below 135% of the federal poverty guidelines
- Must actively participate in the Lifeline program.
- Must participate in any one of the following government assistance programs:
- Veterans or Survivors Pension Benefits
- Federal Public Housing Assistance
- Food Distribution Program on Indian Reservations
- Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP)
- Supplemental Security Income (SSI)
- Bureau of Indian Affairs General Assistance
- Tribal Head Start (for households that can meet the income criteria)
- Tribally administered TANF program.
Eligibility Criteria For Access Wireless ACP Program
If a member of the home satisfies one of the following requirements, the household is qualified to receive Access Wireless ACP discounts:
- Has a household income of at least 200% of the federal poverty limit for that size.
- You or any of your household members must enroll in the following government-funded programs:
- Supplemental Security Income
- Government Public Housing Assistance
- Veterans and Survivors Pension Benefit
- Special Supplemental Nutrition Program for Women, Infants and Children (WIC) Program
- Tribal Assistance Program (listed in the above section)
- School Breakfast Program or Free and Reduced-price School Lunch Program by USDA
- You can be ACP eligible if you or any of your household members have received federal Pell Grant benefits in the current academic year.
The USA’s National Verifier and National Lifeline Accountability Database, or an alternative verification method accepted by the FCC, will be used to determine ACP eligibility.
What Are The Documents Required For Access Wireless Free Phones Program?
Apart from meeting the eligibility criteria applicants are required to provide valid documents and paperwork. The following are the documents that are generally required:
- Identification documents for instance Access Wireless ID, state ID, driver’s license, official photo ID and passport
- Paperwork that proves you’re a recipient of government assistance programs like SNAP, Medicaid, TANF, SSI etc. You have to bring approval letters or recent benefit statements from these government assistance programs.
- Social Security card or document that confirms your Social Security number
- Proof of your address in the form of a utility bill, or lease agreement that shows your address and name.
- Income verification documents like pay stubs, bank and wage statements.
- Other additional documents like retirement or pension benefit statement, divorce decree or child support document, state or federal income tax return, workers compensation benefits or unemployment benefits statement, veteran administration benefits statement etc.
Recommended: Sprocket Wireless Free Lifeline Cell Phones
How To Get A Free Phone From Access Wireless?
You can get free phones from Access Wireless by following the below-mentioned steps.
Confirm Your Eligibility
The first and foremost step is to make sure you can meet the eligibility criteria set by Access Wireless and prove you are participating in government assistance programs like Medicaid, TANF, SSI, and SNAP or can meet the income requirements to get a free phone. You have to collect relevant documents to prove your eligibility.
Recommended: Cintex Wireless Lifeline Free Government Phone
Visit The Official Website Of Access Wireless And Apply
The next step is to visit the official website and start the application process. Look for the Apply Now button on their homepage.
Next, you have to fill out the online application form and provide your personal and financial information. Double-check every detail for accuracy.
Get Free Phone
Similar to Safelink the Access Wireless will thoroughly review your documents and application and once you are approved they will provide you with a variety of phone options to select from.
Set Up And Activate Your Phone
Once you get your phone you must check for all necessary components like SIM card, charger, phone and user instructions or guidelines. Insert the SIM card and power on your phone. You need to select the language and region and connect to Wi-Fi.
Depending on the phone model you get you may have to sign in for your Apple or Google account and create a new account. Accept all the terms and conditions, set a pin or password and activate your phone. Once you activate your phone, test it out by making a text or call to make sure you have got a good connection.
How To Sign Up For Access Wireless Lifeline Program?
Fortunately Access Wireless offers plenty of options when it comes to accepting online applications from applicants. This section will help you work through different ways that are open for you to sign up for the Access Wireless Lifeline program.
Sign Up Via Email
You can apply to the Access Wireless Lifeline program through your email. This method is a bit slow and can take up to 45 days to complete the process.
You just need to download the application form and print it. Make sure to fill out the form and submit it without delay along with all the required documents.
Sign Up Via Website
You can enroll online for the Access Wireless Lifeline Program. This is an easy and pretty straightforward process to apply for the Access Wireless Lifeline Program.
You just need to visit the official website, click on the Enroll Online button and complete the online application form. The enrollment availability of the Access Wireless Lifeline Program may depend on your area of residence.
Sign Up Via Mail
Potential customers can use the printed application form to Access Wireless physically. They need to mail it to the mailing address that is available on the official website which may vary as per state.
What Cell Phones Does Access Wireless Provide For Low-Income People?
Just like other government-free phone providers, qualified individuals can get free smartphones by Access Wireless. We made a shortlist that Access Wireless offers for qualified customers.
- Samsung Galaxy S10
- Motorola Edge 5G
- Google Pixel 5 5G
- LG Stylo 4 Plus
- Samsung Galaxy A10e
- Apple iPhone 11
- Apple iPhone XR
- Samsung Galaxy A51 5G
- LG K51
- Samsung Galaxy A20
- BLU C5L 2022
- Nokia 225 4G
- NUU A11L
Signing up for an Access Wireless Lifeline Program for low-income households doesn’t mean that you will get stuck with a phone that they send you.
In other words, you can go for an upgraded phone if you’re dissatisfied with the present one. You need to visit the online store of Access Wireless and buy a phone as per your desire.
Bring Your Phone
Access Wireless has a Bring Your Phone Program. This requires you to buy a GSM Sim Kit for accessing the services and will cost you only $6.99. If you already own a smartphone then you can access the company’s other benefits and services by going for your phone route.
However, it requires your smartphone to meet certain standards for instance it must be a CDMA device and GSM- LTE compatible. The phone should not be reported as a stolen or lost phone and must have the ESN of the original manufacturer.
Access Wireless Company is upgrading to a nationwide GSM- LTE 4G/ 5G network to provide better and faster data connection to customers. Therefore the phones that you bring in must be compatible with GSM-LTE.
What Services Can You Expect From Access Wireless?
Besides getting a cell phone for free you can also get additional benefits and perks from Access Wireless. Let’s see the following services and benefits that you can receive from Access wireless:
- Free cell phone
- No contracts, surcharges or startup fees are included
- 250 minutes as well as unlimited text messages. You can get free incoming texts as well as carry forward minutes
- Local and long-distance calls
- Ability to add more text messages and voice minutes with add-on bundles for instance $10.25, $35 and $50 options.
Note. Access Wireless also provides monthly paid plans who need additional benefits. The service and the plan of the company may vary depending on your state of residence. For instance, in California, people get 1000 minutes, 200 MB of data and unlimited text messages on their smartphones through Access Wireless.
Recommended: Assist wireless free government phone For low income
What Are The Pros And Cons Of Choosing Access Wireless?
There are certain pros and cons of choosing wireless access. Let’s take a look at them to know if they can help you to fulfill your needs.
- Unlimited Services: Access Wireless provides unlimited services and helps people to send messages, make calls or use data without constantly worrying about running out.
- Connectivity: Access Wireless has nationwide coverage through Sprint so you can have good coverage anywhere you go.
- Free Phones And Mobile Services: Access Wireless provides free phone and mobile services to eligible customers for instance making free calls, text and data services.
- No Additional Fees: There are no hidden charges or extra fees that you have to pay by choosing Access Wireless. There are no contract payments, monthly bills, sub charges or activation fees included.
Additionally, Access provides advantages that other Lifeline providers do not. Customers of Access Wireless have the chance to accrue free minutes by utilizing the loyalty program at Kroger supermarkets.
Recommended: True Wireless free government phones for low income
- Phone Quality: Access Wireless provides free cell phone opportunities at their discretion so you may end up getting an older or basic model with fewer features.
- Limited Enrollment Slots: Enrollment slots of Access Wireless are not always available so you need to wait for a long time for an opening to join the Access Wireless Free Phone Program.
- Customer Service Concerns: Online reviews state a lot of customers are dissatisfied with the customer service of Access Wireless.
Recommended: American Assistance Lifeline Phones for Low Income
List of Access Wireless Plans And Discounts
Access Wireless is a popular phone service provider that is participating in the Lifeline as well as Affordable Connectivity Programs. The company provides discounted phone and Internet services to eligible low-income households in America. The discount benefits per month may vary depending on the eligibility of the recipients.
Qualifying non-tribal land households receive discounts up to $30 while some discounts can reach a high of up to $75 per month. Households enrolled in the ACP can get unlimited talk times, unlimited high-speed data up to 15 GB and unlimited texts including hotspot data from Access Wireless.
Households that are participating in the Affordable Connectivity Program can get 1000 minutes of talk time, limited high-speed Internet up to 10 GB, unlimited texting plus hotspot. Households that are enrolled in the Lifeline program can get 1000 minutes of talk time, 4.5 GB of high-speed data and unlimited text.
Recommended: Cricket wireless lifeline free phones for low income
List of Limitations To Use Access Wireless Lifeline Program
Following is the list of few limitations regarding your Access Wireless service that you need to know.
- The Access Wireless services cannot be transferred, not even to another low-income consumer, and your Access Wireless account must be in the name of the qualified customer.
- In order to be approved for Access Wireless services, you must provide your date of birth, Social Security Number (as issued by the state), evidence of identification, and proof of participation in government programs on your application.
- Each family is only permitted to receive one incentive for a landline, wireless, or broadband internet access service.
- Only those with income eligibility or participation in a qualifying government programme are eligible for Access Wireless.
- Access Wireless clients can be limited in their choice of available i-wireless rate plan options.
- The address you specify for your phone service must be your home.
Access Wireless is a pretty decent choice for low-income households in America who need communication services. Accessing free smartphones and services will help you to take off your financial burden. Even though it is not the best choice if you’re looking for high-end phones it can help you stay connected to your friends or access other opportunities. Access Wireless has nationwide coverage through Sprint and provides good internet coverage in the majority of the US.
Frequently asked Questions
What should I do if my Access Wireless phone breaks or gets stolen?
You must verify your account information and contact Access Wireless by dialing 1-866-594-3644 to address your problems.
How do I set up my Access Wireless phone?
You can call Access Wireless Customer Care at 1-866-594-3644 to get help. Since each handset is unique, you must refer to the activation instructions found inside the Access Wireless phone’s package.
Can my Access Wireless phone be upgraded?
Yes! Customers can buy an improved handset from Access Wireless online phone collection.
Can I choose a phone from Access Wireless?
No. The Access Wireless phone may differ by manufacturer and model and is subject to stock levels. Through a government-funded program, Access Wireless helps low-income communities by providing free cell phones and service to eligible customers. The options differ per state.