How to get assist wireless free government phone for low income families – The federal government has initiated government assistance programs to help low-income families access suitable phone facilities and internet services for free or at discounted rates. The Lifeline Assistance Program and the Affordable Connectivity Program assist low-income households to afford phone and internet bills and even get free or discounted phones. The services are provided through a lot of wireless companies that participate in these government assistance programs.
One such company that is participating in the Lifeline Assistance program is Assist Wireless that provides subsidized services and free phones to seniors, low-income households and veterans. If you want to get a free phone through Assist Wireless then read our detailed guide on how to obtain Assist Wireless free government phone including the eligibility criteria, the application procedure and other pertaining details.
Highlights of this Post
What Is The Assist Wireless Free Phone Program?
Assist Wireless is a telecommunication company that is participating in the Lifeline program to provide monthly discounts on phone and telecommunication services for low-income families who either meet the low-income barrier or participate in government-aided programs.
You can obtain free phone as well as phone services by fulfilling the eligibility criteria of the Lifeline program and enrolling with Assist Wireless. This Lifeline free phone program is a government-funded program that provides free smartphones to low-income households who are otherwise not eligible because of their financial situation.
The free phones from Assist Wireless are loaded with free data, free minutes, and free text and help people to communicate or stay connected with their friends and family and also access other resources like entertainment, education, healthcare etc.
Recommended: Sprocket Wireless Free Lifeline Cell Phones
What Are The Benefits Of Choosing Assist Wireless?
When it comes to service providers that participate in the Lifeline program, Assist Wireless is aware that you have a lot of choices, but they want you to feel comfortable making your decision. The customer support staff will help you choose the best plan and phone during the enrollment process, whether you enroll online or in person.
Customers also receive some fantastic benefits, such as a payment match program that provides them a free month of service when they pay their bills on time and a referral program that awards them with a $25 credit each time a friend joins a plan after they’ve signed up.
Anyone who meets the income requirements and takes part in other programs is eligible for this program.
Following is the list of benefits of obtaining a free phone from Assist Wireless.
- Assist Wireless aims to bridge the digital divide and provide access to important resources for low-income households.
- The company enables recipients to access resources like education, entertainment, healthcare, job opportunities etc.
- With the help of Assist Wireless you need not purchase a costly phone from your pocket as they provide free phones if you can fulfill the eligibility criteria.
- The mobile devices that are provided by Assist Wireless come with additional benefits like free data, text, minutes etc.
Recommended: Cintex Wireless Lifeline Free Government Phone
Why Does Assist Wireless Provide Free Cell Phone Services To Low-Income Families?
A lot of wireless providers in the United States of America participate in the Lifeline Assistance Program and get subsidies from the federal government to offer Lifeline benefits in the form of free monthly plans and internet services to qualified candidates.
The program assists low-income families with monthly discounts of up to $9.25 on phone and internet services and up to $34.25 monthly discounts for low-income households living on tribal land.
The main objective of the Lifeline Assistance program is to provide free internet services for qualified households so that they can stay connected and afford monthly bills. The objective of Assist Wireless is to help financially unstable American households by participating in Lifeline assistance programs and giving them free phones.
What Are The Eligibility Criteria To Qualify For Assist Wireless Free Phone Program?
The Federal Communication Commission has set a few eligibility requirements that candidates need to fulfill to qualify for the free phone program through the Lifeline program. The primary requirements to participate in the Assist Wireless Lifeline Free Phone Program include the following:
- Candidates must be 18 years of age or an emancipated minor
- Candidates must be residents of the states where Assist Wireless operate.
Once you meet the aforementioned eligibility requirements you can check the additional qualification required to participate in the Assist Wireless program. You need to meet one of the two eligibility requirements mentioned below.
Eligibility Criteria Based On Your Income
Interested applicants must make sure their annual household income is at or below 135% of the federal poverty level to qualify for the Assist Wireless Lifeline program and get a free phone.
Recommended: Blu Wireless Free Government Phone For low Income
Eligibility Criteria Based On Program Participation
Interested applicants must make sure they or any one of their household members are participating in the below-mentioned government-aided programs.
- Food Stamps / Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP)
- Federal Public Housing Assistance
- Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP)
- Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program
- Administered Temporary Assistance to Needy Families (TANF)
- Subsidized Security Income (SSI)
- Program to Distribute Food on Indian Reservations (FDPIR)
- Veterans Pension and Survivors Benefit
- Bur of Indian Affairs General Assistance and Social Security
- Temporary Assistance to Needy Families administered by Tribes (Tribal TANF)
- Tribal Head Start – only those households that have met the minimum required income.
- General Assistance from the Bureau of Indian Affairs (BIA)
Recommended: Affordable Connectivity Program (acp) for low income
What Documents Are Required To Qualify For Assist Wireless Lifeline Program?
You cannot qualify for a free phone by participating in the Assist Wireless Lifeline Program by merely knowing the eligibility criteria. This is because you need to prove your eligibility by submitting official documents to the provider at the time of the application procedure and make sure you qualify for the Lifeline program successfully.
The type of documents that you need to submit may vary depending on whether you are applying for the program based on your income or participation in a government assistance program. The accepted documents are as follows.
Income Verifying Documents
Individuals who qualify based on their income criteria have to provide documents showing their name and income status. The following are the officially accepted documents that you have to submit to qualify for the Assist Wireless Lifeline Program.
- Paycheck stubs
- Retirement or pension statement of benefits
- Divorce decree
- Child support award
- Social Security statement of benefits
- Current income statement from your employer
- Unemployment or workers’ compensation statement of benefits
- Veteran Administration statement of benefits
- Previous years’ federal, state or tribal tax return.
Recommended: True Wireless free government phones for low income
Program Participation Documents
Individuals who are qualifying for the Assist Wireless free phone program based on their government program participation have to submit valid documents that comprise relevant details about the name of the program, the name of the authority issuing the document and the date of issuance.
- The accepted official documents are as follows.
- Government approval letter
- Statement of benefits
- Benefit verification letter
- Benefit award letter.
Recommended: American Assistance Lifeline Phones for Low Income
Personal Identification And Age Documents
Individuals have to provide documents to verify their age, address or identity. Following are the officially accepted documents that you have to submit to prove your eligibility for the Assist Wireless Lifeline Program.
- Certificate of US citizenship or naturalization
- Most recent W2 or tax return
- Birth certificate
- US driver’s license
- A valid military, state, federal or tribal ID
- Permanent resident card or green card
- Utility bill
- Mortgage or lease statement.
Recommended: How to Get Free Assurance Wireless Phone
How To Apply For The Assist Wireless Free Phone Program?
Candidates have to follow simple steps to complete the Assist Wireless free phone application procedure starting from verifying the eligibility criteria to preparing the necessary documents and filling out the application form and qualify for the Assist Wireless Lifeline free phone program.
Apply Through The National Verifier
You first need to apply through the National Verifier to apply for the Assist Wireless Free Phone Program and verify your eligibility criteria. Once you get approval from the National Verifier you can apply for the program at Assist Wireless.
To apply to the National Verifier you need to follow the below-mentioned steps.
- Visit the official website nv.fcc.gov/lifeline where you can see the National Verifier home page
- Click on the drop-down menu and select your state of residence
- Choose the Get Started option
- Enter your state and you will be redirected to an application form that will verify your eligibility criteria for the Assist Wireless Lifeline program.
- Fill up the application form with authentic details, attach your copies of valid documents and submit your application forms once finished
- You will be notified by a National Verifier on your registered email whether your application form is approved or rejected. If you are approved by the National Verifier then you can fill out the application form for the Lifeline assistance program from your state.
Recommended: Cricket wireless lifeline free phones for low income
Apply For The Assist Wireless Lifeline Program
Once you are approved by the National Verifier you can apply for a free government phone from the Assist Wireless Lifeline program in any one of the following ways.
You can make an online application at Assist Wireless to become eligible for its Lifeline services. The steps are as follows:
- Visit the official website of Assist Wireless and click on the Enroll Online Today button at the bottom of the web page
- You will be redirected to the Availability Check Page where you have to enter your email and zip code and click on the check Availability Button
- Fill up the application details with relevant personal/ financial information and attach the documentation copies to submit the application form.
- Wait for the company’s response and select the specific Assist Wireless plan that you want to obtain.
You can also apply offline at Access Wireless by visiting the nearest store near you. To learn about the nearest store you can visit www.assistwireless.com, or visit the official Assist Wireless website and click on the Find an Assist store option. Here you need to enter your location to find the available options.
- Put together the documents that you have to submit to prove your eligibility
- Visit the Assist Wireless nearest store during business hours and notify them about your need for a free phone
- Fill out the application form, attach the documents and submit it.
The online map on the official website of Assist Wireless will guide you to the local Assist Wireless store near you where you have to fill out the application form and if you have any problem in filling out the application you can seek assistance from the representative of the company.
Application Via Mail
You can apply for an Assist Wireless free phone through mail. For this, you have to download an application form from the Assist Wireless website, take a print of the application form, fill it and also attach the eligibility documents. You can send the application form with all the supporting documents at 3030 LBJ Freeway, STE 1320, Dallas, TX 75234.
What Are The Best Free Phones Provided By Assist Wireless?
Eligible candidates can get only free Android phones from Assist Wireless and in a few cases, they also help people with a free iPhone. The company does not reveal the exact phone model beforehand as the type of phone you get depends on the availability of the phone and your eligibility. Following are the below-mentioned models that you can receive for free from Assist Wireless.
Alcatel Dawn phone comes with a 4.5 inch HD+ display, Qualcomm Snapdragon 210 processor, 1GB RAM, and 8GB storage with a 5MP rear camera and 2MP front camera.
iPhone 6s comes with a 4.7-inch Retina HD display, an Apple A9 processor, 2GB RAM, storage of 16GB/ 32GB/ 64GB/ 128GB with a 12 MP rear camera and a 5MP front camera.
LG W10 Alpha
The phone comes with a 6.5-inch HD+ display, Mediatek T6762 processor, 3GB RAM, 32GB storage with a 13MP rear camera and a 5MP front camera option.
REVIVAL 4 Plus
This phone comes with a 6.5 inch HD+ display, Mediatek Helio G25 processor, 3GB RAM, 32GB storage, and a 13MP triple camera system
The phone comes with a 6.5 2-inch HD+ display, 3 GB RAM, 32GB storage, 13 MP triple camera system.
Recommended: Assurance Wireless Compatible Phones at Walmart
How Can I Activate My Assist Wireless Free Phone?
It will generally take 5 to 10 business days to get approval for a free phone from Assist Wireless and get the phone delivered to your mailbox. One of the most critical steps in the Assist Wireless Free Phone activation procedure is to connect your device to the company’s network so that you can use the data services and unlimited text or calling options.
- You need to follow the below-mentioned instructions to activate your assist wireless-free device.
- Insert the battery into the device
- Turn your phone on by pressing and holding the power button
- The screen will give you 2 choices press 1 for English or press 2 for Spanish and you have to select your preferred language
- Once you choose your language your phone will be ready to place calls.
It is important to note that Assist Wireless phones have different power and you have to contact the customer service of Assist Wireless at 1-855-392-7747 to learn about the activation process and solve your doubts. You can also email access to wireless at [email protected] and complete the activation procedure.
What Should I Do If My Assist Wireless Phone Gets Stolen, Damaged, Broken Or Lost?
- In case your Assist Wireless free phone gets stolen, damaged, broken or lost you need to contact customer service immediately and inform them about your issue.
- You will get around 30 days to add a new device to your account before the service gets disconnected. In case your device gets damaged or broken you can get a replaced phone by following the below-mentioned steps.
- You can obtain a Lifeline device at Assist Wireless retail store that can be used as a replacement device
- You can use an old phone that is compatible with Assist wireless networks and so you can bring your device to Assist Wireless network.
If your device starts malfunctioning within the initial 30 days the device will be covered under the phones warranty by Assist Wireless. You have to check the warranty of your phone for detailed information about how to get a replacement phone for free.
Recommended: StandUp Wireless Free Phones for low Income
What Rules Should You Follow To Continue Receiving Assistance From Assist Wireless?
There are guidelines for participants in every free phone program. This implies that in order to keep your eligibility, you must follow rules if you are eligible for a Lifeline phone and receive free cell phone service.
- It should be noted that the regulations are not very strict, but they are in place to guarantee that only qualified participants receive free cell phone service and free phones. You must specifically:
- Utilize Lifeline benefits at least once every month.
- Each family is limited to one free phone line.
- Prove your eligibility for the Lifeline program
- Completely and accurately fill out the application forms
- You must annually recertify for the program.
If any of your important details, especially your eligibility requirements, change, let your provider know right away.
Communication is an important part of our daily life. From staying connected with friends on social media to calling and texting friends and family, having a cell phone is now an indispensable need for everyone. Unfortunately keeping a cell phone line running from month to month is an expensive utility for low-income households. This is where the Federal Communication Commission Lifeline Program steps in to assist low-income households. Assist wireless participates in the Lifeline program and provide free phones, and telecommunication services to Lifeline-eligible households. Through the Assist Wireless Lifeline program, low-income households can stay connected with their family and friends and access other important resources.
Learn more about Easy Wireless free government Phones for low Income at our Get Government Grants’ section today. Our resources will help you to make your ends meet and attain self-sufficiency.
Frequently Asked Questions
Does Assist Wireless Provide Unlimited Data?
Yes! If you are eligible for the Lifeline service in Oklahoma, you can get unlimited data, call, and text for free.
How Can I Get A Government Phone for Free?
You must make sure your household income is at or below 135% of the Federal Poverty Guidelines to determine if you are eligible for a free government phone. You also have to submit acceptable forms of documentation to show your household’s income.
Are There Free Phone Plans Available At Assist Wireless?
It is important to note that Assist Wireless being a participant in the federal Lifeline Assistance Program helps low-income households to obtain free mobile phones and services. However, the phone does not provide any free phone plans for individuals who fail to qualify for the Assist Wireless Lifeline Program.
Can I Use The Assist Wireless SIM Card With Other Carrier Phones?
Yes, the option of bringing your device service is provided by Assist Wireless so you can use the Assist Wireless SIM with another carrier phone however it is important to ensure that the phone you bring to Assist Wireless is compatible with the network.
Can I Get Two Assist Wireless Free Phones?
No as per the restriction of FCC Lifeline eligible households can get only one Lifeline plan and one free phone. The Lifeline assistance benefit is limited to one household which means only one member in your household can benefit from the Lifeline Program and obtain a free phone.