How To Get T-Mobile Free Tablet EBB/ACP Program – In today’s digital era technological tools like laptops, tablets, smartphones and telecommunication services have become an integral part of our lives. They have become irreplaceable parts of our day-to-day activities. However, not everyone is financially capable to afford these technological tools. But this doesn’t mean that you have to live life without availing these vital necessities.
To help low-income households access technology, telecommunication services and connected devices the federal government has designed the Lifeline and Affordable Connectivity Program that offers free smartphones, tablets and discounts on monthly phone and internet plans. This guide will throw light on how you can obtain a T-Mobile Free Tablet through the Affordable Connectivity Program (formerly the EBB program).
Recommended: Free Phone And Tablet Government California
Highlights of this Post
What is The T-Mobile EBB Program?
The Emergency Broadband Benefit or EBB Program was a federal Communications Commission (FCC) temporary program. The EBB program was a temporary assistance program that was announced during the COVID 19 Pandemic. Its main aim was to help families and households struggling to afford internet service during the COVID 19 pandemic.
And it also provided low-income families and households with disconnected broadband services and also high-speed internet service and certain devices to stay connected with the world during the COVID-19 pandemic.
This program provided needy people with technology devices to continue with their lives in online mode. Through the EBB program, a lot of eligible households got free T-Mobile tablets and many other benefits such as discounts on cell phone plans. But later this program was replaced with a long-term permanent telecommunication assistance program called the Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP).
Can I Get A Free Tablet Through The T-Mobile EBB Program?
As you know the Emergency Broadband Benefits Program was a temporary assistance program that was announced during the COVID-19 pandemic to assist low-income households access high-speed internet facilities and digital devices. The program lasted during the pandemic and for at least six months post the situation.
As of 31st December 2021, the federal government has discontinued the EBB program. Today this program has been replaced by a long-term permanent telecommunications service program known as the Affordable Connectivity Program.
The Federal Communications Commision has designed this program so that eligible households can continue to receive discounts on cell phones/ internet plans and discounted devices. This new federal ACP initiative is available through Metro by T-Mobile as well as Assurance Wireless. In other words you can get a free T-Mobile ACP Tablet if you qualify.
Note. As of 8 February 2024, the FCC is not accepting new applications for the Affordable Connectivity Program due to a lack of available funding. Even though the program was intended to be a long-term and permanent solution to the Emergency Broadband Benefit Program it cannot continue to operate due to unavailability of funds. It is only possible to get a free T-Mobile tablet if the ACP program continues to operate. To learn more about the program visit ACP’s official website.
What Are The States In Which T-Mobile Provides Free Tablets Through ACP?
T-Mobile is an American service provider that operates in the United States of America and provides free government tablets through the Affordable Connectivity Program. This national carrier provides its services in many United States including the following:
Arizona, Arkansas, Alabama, California, Connecticut, Delaware, Colorado, Columbia, Kentucky, Maine, Mississippi, Montana, Oklahoma, Ohio, Rhode Island, South Dakota, Vermont, West Virginia, North Carolina, Massachusetts, Nevada, Florida, Idaho, Indiana, Kansas, Oregon, Puerto Rico, Pennsylvania, Tennessee, Virginia, Georgia, Iowa, Maryland, Hawaii, Illinois, Louisiana, Michigan, Minnesota, soda, Nebraska, New Jersey, New York, North Dakota etc.
Recommended: Free Tablet Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP)
What Are The Eligibility Criteria To Qualify For T-Mobile EBB Program?
As you know the EBB program has been replaced by the Affordable Connectivity Program so it is important for individuals who are looking to get a T-Mobile ACP free tablet to fulfill the following ACP eligibility criteria to receive a free tablet.
You need to make sure your household income is at or below 200% of the federal poverty level as per ACP guidelines. Only candidates who can show low-income status are eligible to qualify for T-Mobile free tablets.
Additionally, you can qualify for the T-Mobile free tablet ACP program if you or any one of your household members are participating in the below-mentioned government-aided programs.
- Food Stamps / Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP)
- Federal Public Housing Assistance or Section 8
- Low-Income Home Energy Assistance Program
- Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program
- Administered Temporary Assistance to Needy Families (TANF)
- Supplemental Security Income (SSI)
- Food on Indian Reservations (FDPIR)
- Veterans Pension and Survivors Benefit
- Temporary Assistance to Needy Families administered by Tribes (Tribal TANF)
- Tribal Head Start (only those households that have met the minimum required income).
- General Assistance from the Bureau of Indian Affairs (BIA)
Additional Eligibility Criteria
- Applicants must be 18 years old or be an emancipated minor
- You or any one of your household members has received a federal Pell Grant in the current award year
- You are a citizen of the United States and a lawful resident of the state where T-Mobile operates
- Must meet the eligibility criteria for a participating provider’s existing low-income program.
Recommended: Free phone and Tablet Government Programs
What Are The Documents Required To Apply For The T-Mobile Free Tablet?
Now that you are aware of the eligibility criteria required for the T-Mobile Free Tablet ACP Program, let’s learn the relevant documents that you have to submit to your service provider to qualify for the free tablet government program.
These documents will ensure you are a participant in the government assistance program and belong to the low-income category. Submitting the documents will make sure federal funds for the free tablet program reach out to those who are genuinely in need of a tablet.
Proof of Income
Individuals who qualify based on their income criteria have to provide documents showing their name and income status. The following are the officially accepted documents that you have to submit to qualify.
- Paycheck stubs
- Retirement or pension statement of benefits
- Divorce decree
- Child support award
- Social Security statement of benefits
- Current income statement from your employer
- Unemployment or workers’ compensation statement of benefits
- Veteran Administration statement of benefits
- Previous years’ federal, state or tribal tax return.
Recommended: How to get TruConnect Free Tablet
Program Participation Documents
Individuals who are qualifying for the T-Mobile Free Tablet Program based on their government program participation have to submit valid documents that comprise relevant details about the name of the program, the name of the authority issuing the document and the date of issuance.
The official documents are as follows.
- Government approval letter
- Statement of benefits
- Benefit verification letter
- Benefit award letter.
Recommended: How to get free assurance wireless tablet
Applicants must submit official documents that prove their 18 years of age or prove their emancipated minor status. These documents include the following
- Birth Certificate
- Driver’s License.
Recommended: Assist wireless free government phone For low income
Applicants must submit valid documents as proof of their current address and these include the following:
- Utility bills
- Lease agreements
- Bank statements.
Recommended: Get Free Tablet Offer By Qlink Wireless
How to Apply for The T-Mobile ACP Tablet?
The T-Mobile ACP Tablet Program is a great program for low-income families but before applying make sure that you meet the eligibility criteria. If you have not qualified for the eligibility criteria, then your application will not be considered further on. You can apply for the T-Mobile ACP program in two ways:
Apply via the ACP Website
- Visit the ACP official website and click on the ‘Apply Now’ section and you will be redirected to the National Verifier official web page.
- Choose the Apply icon and enter all the information about your identity, income and other details.
- Create your ACP account and submit the relevant documents requested to prove your eligibility and submit the application form to get approved for the discounted tablet.
- Contact T-Mobile or any other service provider as per your choice and choose the plan that meets your needs to get a free or discounted tablet.
Apply via T-Mobile Website
You can also apply for the T-Mobile free tablet program without any diversion by checking its official website. Follow the step-by-step detailed method to apply for free T-Mobile ACP tablet
- Visit the official T-Mobile website and check if the program is available in your respective state
- Visit the ‘state where you live in’ section on the official website and check the eligibility criteria for the particular state.
- Click on the ‘Apply Now’ option
- Provide your zip code and email address to check the program details in your state
- Now complete the online application form and click on ‘Enroll Now’
- Follow the prompts on the screen to complete the form and submit the documents. Wait for approval and you will get your T-Mobile free tablet.
Are There Any Restrictions For T-Mobile Free Tablets?
Yes, there are a few restrictions or limitations that you need to adhere to if you want to continue the benefits that come with your free T-Mobile Tablet through the ACP Program.
- As per the ACP guidelines customers have to recertify every year to demonstrate they still can qualify for the program. Once you receive a letter from USAC you can complete the recertification process before the deadline or within 60 days of receiving it. You need to visit the ACP certification web page to learn about the details of your recertification.
- Each eligible household can choose to get discounts on cell phones or home phones but not both. Households can also not receive discounts from multiple service providers.
- Eligible households that violate the one discount service per household rule will tend to lose their discount and can also be prosecuted by the government
- ACP discounts are for the individual’s primary residence. An individual can have only one permanent primary residence.
- The benefits that you receive from the Free Phone/ Tablet Government Program are non-transferable. You cannot transfer the device or service to another person
- In case you are no longer eligible for the free phone or tablet program for the ACP or Lifeline program then you must notify your service provider within 30 days
- You must use your service once a month or else the authority can dismiss the service that you are receiving currently.
Following are the restrictions that may apply if you receive a T-Mobile free tablet with your EBT or through special deals.
- You need to sign a contract and add a tablet line
- An upgrade support of $30 may be required
- You have to get a deposit
- You must get a qualifying service
- You’re required to have credit approval
Recommended: Foxxd T8 Free Government Tablet
List of Tablet Models Provided By T-Mobile For Free
Following is the list of T-Mobile models that eligible households can get by enrolling on the Affordable Connectivity Program.
- SAMSUNG Galaxy Tab S8+ 5G
- Samsung Galaxy Tab A7 Lite
- Lenovo Tab M8
- Amazon Fire HD 8
- Apple iPad Air 2
- Alcatel Joy Tab
- Apple iPad Mini 2
- Samsung Galaxy Tab 4
Recommended: enTouch Wireless free Lifeline government phones
What Are The Alternate Service Providers That Can Help You To Get Free Tablets?
There are various companies in addition to T-Mobile that provide free tablets by participating in the Lifeline and Affordable Connectivity Program.
The availability of these companies may vary depending on your state of residence so you must check the list of the ACP providers in your area by visiting its official website. In the below section, we have provided the best ACP companies that are offering free tablets.
A popular ACP and Lifeline service provider available throughout the United States of America is AirTalk Wireless which offers free monthly text messages, talk minutes and high-speed data. To know more about how to receive a free phone and tablet from AirTalk Wireless visit its official website.
Another Lifeline and ACP service provider that offers free tablets similar to T-Mobile is StandUp Wireless. The benefits of StandUp Wireless plans include unlimited text, talk, and data with a free smartphone or tablet. To find more information about how to get a free phone and tablet from StandUp Wireless visit its official website.
Recommended: StandUp Wireless Free Phones for low Income
The AirTalk affiliate company known as Cintex Wireless provides a lot of benefits to eligible low-income households such as a free unlimited plan combined with text, talk, high-speed data, a discounted ACP tablet and a free phone. To learn more about how to get Cintex Wireless Free Government Phone And Tablet read our next guide: Cintex Wireless Lifeline Free Government Phone
NewPhone Wireless participates in the Affordable Connectivity Program and provides ACP benefits like free monthly services with unlimited text, talk, and high-speed data, free flip phones, and discounted ACP tablets and smartphones to eligible households.
Excess Telecom is an ACP provider that works nationwide and provides amazing discounts including ACP discounted tablets in America. Eligible participants can get a new tablet with a huge ACP discount including free monthly internet service and data plans. You just need to enter its website, enter your zip code in the provided box and choose the ‘Learn More’ option to follow the prompts.
Recommended: Easy Wireless free government Phones for low Income
Maxsip Telecom is another wireless service provider that operates in several states in America. It provides large discounts on Android tablets to eligible ACP customers. They provide free monthly internet service to low-income customers who qualify. Instead of a free tablet with a SIM card, you can get a SIM card that you can use with your compatible device.
Recommended: Affordable Connectivity Program (acp) for low income
TruConnect Wireless is a popular and generous ACP and Lifeline provider that provides discounted tablets to low-income customers who qualify as TruConnect. The services are available throughout the United States of America and you can expect to get tablets by making a small copayment up to $10.01.
Here are some more service providers that are participating in the Lifeline and ACP programs and provide government-free tablets to eligible candidates.
- National Wireless
- Telnet Usa
- Moolah Wireless
- Maxit Telecom
- Safety Net Wireless
- SafeLink Wireless
- Q Link Wireless
- Reach Out Wireless.
Recommended: How to Get a Free Tablet with Medicaid
The T-Mobile Free Tablet EBB program is a federal initiative that helps low-income individuals and households to obtain a free tablet from their carrier. This assistance program is available to users who have fulfilled the eligibility criteria of the ACP program and have an active T-Mobile account. The aim of the ACP initiative is to provide discounted tablets to customers so that they can access online opportunities and break the digital barrier. T-Mobile is a wireless service provider that is participating in the Affordable Connectivity Program (formerly the EBB program) and helps with amazing discounts on monthly phone and internet bills and devices for the eligible households. T-Mobile is making the program available through Metro by T-Mobile and Assurance Wireless.
Learn more about Sprocket Wireless Free Lifeline Cell Phones at the Get Government Grants’ section today. Our resources will help you to find the right type of support based on your needs and requirements.
Frequently Asked Questions
Does T-Mobile Offer Lifeline Program?
T-Mobile participates in the Lifeline program and provides Lifeline benefits to participants. The Lifeline Program by T-Mobile is available in the 7 states in the US.
Which states get the T-Mobile ACP tablet?
T-Mobile is one of the greatest networks which is providing services all across the United States. So, you can find their services in almost all the states of the US. T-Mobile is one of the best ACP network service providers.
How are the T-Mobile Lifeline and the EBB Different?
The Lifeline Assistance Program is permanent. The Lifeline assistance program is administered by the FCC. This program is known to offer financial benefits and discounts on various telecommunication services. The Emergency Broadband Benefits Program is a temporary assistance program. It was initiated by the FCC during the hard times of COVID 19 and has been replaced by the ACP program.