Copper Valley Wireless lifeline free Government Phones to low income families – If you’re a resident of Alaska and struggling to keep up with the costly communication rates then you can obtain free government phones. Residents of Alaska have an excellent opportunity to obtain free phones from the government through Copper Valley Wireless. Copper Valley Wireless is a popular Alaskan cell phone company that provides wireless services and free phones to low-income individuals and families.
Needy Alaskans can apply for free phones from Copper Valley Wireless by becoming eligible for the Lifeline and Affordable Connectivity Program. This guide will throw light on how you can apply for Copper Valley Wireless free government phone, the eligibility criteria and other pertaining details.
Recommended: Affordable Connectivity Program (acp) for low income
Highlights of this Post
What Is Copper Valley Wireless?
A well-known cell phone company situated in Alaska is known as Copper Valley Wireless that provides excellent wireless services and free government cell phones for just $1 per month. Many other companies provide similar programs and free phones however Copper Valley Wireless stands out from the rest as it provides all the services at just $1 per month.
The free phone comes with unlimited text and unlimited calls with 450 worldwide voice minutes and mobile to mobile calling. It is important to keep in mind that all these services are provided only in the Copper River Valley and Valdez region situated in the East of Anchorage, a rural region in East Alaska. If you live within the service area where Copper Valley Wireless operates you can avail all the services and benefits that come along.
Does Copper Valley Wireless Provide Low-Income Families With Free Phones?
Yes Copper Valley Wireless provides free phones and many other services to qualified low-income individuals and families in Alaska.
The Copper Valley Wireless, based in Alaska, collaborates with the federal government on the Lifeline Program so they provide free services to the community and help people stay connected while living below the poverty line. You can easily apply through Copper Valley Wireless for a free government phone if you live in Alaska and face trouble keeping up with the high cost of communication.
The company provides services in regions where there is a high poverty rate and high employment for instance in areas of Cooper River Basin and Valdez. The federal Lifeline Assistance Program and Affordable Connectivity Program are helpful in these two areas as the monthly phone service that comes through this program costs only $1.
You can get Copper Valley Wireless free phone through the 2 government assistance programs: Lifeline Assistance and Affordable Connectivity Program. Both programs have different eligibility criteria and benefits. The first criterion requires you to participate in government-assisted programs like Medicaid and SSI while the second criterion requires you to prove your income eligibility criteria.
Recommended: Cintex Wireless Lifeline Free Government Phone
What Benefits Does Copper Valley Wireless Lifeline Program Provide?
The Lifeline Assistance Program is a federal initiative that aims to make communication affordable among low-income families. The Lifeline program provides discounted phone services as well as broadband internet access to eligible participants so that they can access better-quality communication tools.
Copper Valley Telephone Cooperative has partnered with the federal government and is participating in the Lifeline program. The benefits of Copper Valley Telephone Cooperative Lifeline Program are as follows:
- Eligible customers get a discount of up to $9.25 on Copper Valley telephone cooperative phone or internet service.
- They get discounts up to $34.25 on telephone and internet services if they are residents of tribal lands.
It is important to keep in mind that only one Lifeline benefit is allowed per household and not per person. Whether a lot of people at the same residence receive Lifeline supported devices or new individuals are applying for service at an address where Lifeline benefit is already being received it is critical to fill out a Lifeline Household Worksheet.
Recommended: Assist wireless free government phone For low income
What Benefits Does Copper Valley Wireless ACP Program Provide?
Affordable Connectivity Program is a new federal initiative that makes sure individuals have access to affordable broadband and is geared towards low income households to bridge the gap between those who have access to internet facilities and those who do not. The program provides a one-time discount on internet capable devices or phone services like Wi-Fi routers.
Copper Valley Telecom participates in the Affordable Connectivity Program and provides the following benefits.
- A monthly benefit of up to $30 to help low-income households afford access to high-speed internet service provided by Copper Valley Telecom
- A monthly discount of up to $75 to help low-income households on qualifying tribal lands
- A one time discount of up to $100 for a tablet, laptop or desktop computer.
The program is limited to one ACP or Lifeline Program benefit per household. Eligible households have to use the ACP Household Worksheet if someone at your household is already getting Affordable Connectivity Program benefits. You can apply for the Copper Valley Telecom ACP program by visiting the official website.
Recommended: Assurance Wireless Compatible Phones at Walmart
What Are The Eligibility Criteria To Qualify For Copper Valley Wireless Free Government Phones?
Customers can qualify for free government phones through Copper Valley by proving your low-income criteria or through participation in federal Lifeline or ACP qualifying programs.
It is important to keep in mind that only one Lifeline or ACP benefit is allowed for households in the United States of America. Individuals can be eligible to receive a free government from Copper Valley Wireless in two ways.
Income Based Eligibility
Individuals can qualify for free phones from Copper Wireless by participating in the Lifeline assistance program and proving their annual household income is at or below 135% of the federal poverty guidelines.
Additionally, you can qualify for a free phone from Copper Valley Wireless through the Affordable Connectivity Program by proving your household income is at or below 200% of the federal poverty guidelines.
Recommended: True Wireless free government phones for low income
You can qualify for a free phone from Copper Valley Lifeline Wireless Program by showing you are a recipient of the following federal assistance program.
- Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program
- Supplemental Security Income
- Veterans And Survivors Pension Benefit
- Federal Public Housing Assistance
- Tribal TANF
- Bureau of Indian Affairs General Assistance
- Tribal Head Start (Income Based)
- Food Distribution Program On Indian Reservation
- Special Supplemental Nutrition Program For Women Infants And Children.
To qualify for a free phone from Copper Valley Wireless Affordable Connectivity Program you must showcase your recipient of the following federal assistance program.
- Have household income at or below 200% of the federal poverty guidelines
- Lifeline or any one of the aforementioned Lifeline qualifying government assistance programs
- Special Supplemental Nutrition Program For Women Infants Children
- Free or Reduced Price School Breakfast Or School Lunch Program
- If you can show you or anyone of your household members has received a federal Pell Grant in the current award year.
Recommended: StandUp Wireless Free Phones for low Income
What Documents Are Required To Apply For Copper Valley Wireless Free Government Phones?
To receive free government phones through Copper Valley Wireless you need to provide proof of the following documents to demonstrate your eligibility.
Applicants have to provide their identification documents such as:
- Certificate of naturalization or United States citizenship
- Birth certificate
- Foreign passport
- Permanent residency documents
- Driver’s license
- Social Security card,
- Individual taxpayer identification number
- U.S. military ID,
- Tribal identification number.
Recommended: Safelink Wireless Free Phones For Low Income
Proof Of Address
Applicants have to provide their age documents such as:
- Utility bills
- Current mortgage or lease statement
- Driver’s license
- Federal state tribal issued ID,
- Current income statement
- W2 forms
- Statement of benefits from a qualifying program that lists your name and address.
Recommended: enTouch Wireless free Lifeline government phones
Government Assistance Program Participation Documents
Proof of your participation in a government benefits program for instance the following
- Notice letter of participation in a qualifying federal, state, or tribal program
- Current or previous year statements of benefits from an eligible federal, state or tribal program
- Official documents that prove you are a participant in a qualified federal, state or tribal program
- Consent letter
- Benefit award letter
- Educational records
You need to provide documents related to your income to prove your eligibility during the application procedure for Copper Valley Wireless Free Government Phone. These documents include the following:
- An employer or workers’ compensation statement of benefit
- Current income statement from your provider
- Current paycheck
- Divorce decree
- Child support award
- Retirement or Pension Statement Benefits
- Veteran Administration Statement Benefits
- Social Security Statement Benefits
- Previous year’s state, federal or tribal tax return.
Recommended: Easy Wireless free government Phones for low Income
What Are The Alternate Lifeline And ACP Free Phone Program Providers?
Besides Copper Valley, there are various other Lifeline and ACP phone program providers such as the following:
- Charter Communications
- Google Fiber
- Cox Communications
- Consolidated Communication.
- Cintex Wireless
- SafetyNet Wireless
- Cricket Wireless
- American Assistance
- Blue Jay Wireless
- Feelsafe Wireless
- Copper Valley Wireless
- Assist Wireless
- Airvoice Wireless
- Blu Wireless
- Access Wireless
- Reachout Wireless
- Safelink Wireless
How To Apply For Copper Valley Wireless Free Government Phones?
There are two ways in which you can apply for the Copper Valley Wireless free government phone program. These are as follows:
Apply For Copper Valley Wireless Free Phone Program Via Lifeline
You can apply for free government phones through Lifeline Assistance Program by fulfilling the following steps:
- Visit the official Copper Valley Wireless website
- Click on the Sign Up button and you will be redirected to the official National Verifier website.
- Select your state or directory and choose the Get Started button option.
- Fill in your details and complete the application procedure
- Submit the application along with the necessary documents and wait for the company’s response. Once your application gets verified you will receive a free government phone through Copper Valley Wireless.
Recommended: Cricket wireless lifeline free phones for low income
Apply For Copper Valley Wireless Free Phone Program Via Affordable Connectivity Program
You can apply for Copper Valley Wireless Free Phone Program by applying for the Affordable Connectivity program and following the below-mentioned steps.
- Visit the official Affordable Connectivity Program website
- Check if you are eligible for the Affordable Connectivity Program and click on acp benefit.org.
- Click on the Apply Now button and fill out the application form to verify your eligibility criteria at the National Verifier.
Apply For Copper Valley Wireless Free Phone Program By Calling The Customer Service
You can also apply for Copper Valley Wireless phone by contacting customer care services at the following number
- Copper Basin Area 907-822-3551
- Cordova area 907-253-3334
- Valdez Tatitlek Area at 907-835-2231.
What Are The Different Copper Valley Wireless Phone Plans And Mobile Devices?
To those who qualify, Copper Valley Wireless offers a wide selection of mobile devices. It’s crucial to keep in mind that the phones are distributed in accordance with availability. Phones that are readily available are given to those who qualify. You may connect with the right people and obtain access to crucial resources with these phones. Additionally, you will be able to interact with your family and friends for a reasonable price.
Although Copper Valley Wireless provides a wide array of phone models to qualified customers, qualified individuals do not get an opportunity to choose the phone models as per their choice since the free mobile phones are distributed to qualified households according to the availability of devices in the area.
With these free government phones from Copper Valley Wireless, you can reach out to your friends or family, stay connected with them, obtain educational resources, access healthcare or other essential resources easily.
The beneficiaries of free government phones through Copper Valley Wireless come with excellent communication plans and services for only $1 per month and these include the following:
- 450 countrywide voice minutes
- Unlimited texting
- Unlimited nights and weekend calls
- Mobile to mobile calling.
The additional benefits comprise the following.
- You can get discounts from Copper Valley Wireless for a stipulated time.
- You can get nationwide network coverage
- $75 discount on Internet package for Alaskan residents
- Free text and talk when traveling to Canada or Mexico.
Recommended: American Assistance Lifeline Phones for Low Income
How To Continue Receiving Assistance From Copper Valley Telephone Cooperative?
Qualified individuals can keep their Lifeline and/ or ACP discounts by renewing their eligibility criteria every year. This way you can continue to receive benefits and services from Copper Valley Telephone Cooperative. You can renew your eligibility criteria by mail, online or in person by visiting Copper Valley Telephone Cooperative.
You have to provide details of information and documents that you provided while applying for the Lifeline or ACP free cell phone program initially. You have to provide information related to your name, income, address and household size. Once you get approval for renewal you will continue to get Lifeline or ACP benefits on your internet or phone bill.
Copper Valley Wireless is a local wireless and internet service provider that serves Valdez, Copper Basin and the Tatitlek communities with affordable wireless services and free phones. Based in Anchorage AK the company is one of the premium providers for residential and business internet service. The company has partnered with the US government to participate in the Lifeline and Affordable Connectivity Program to assist low-income households pay for their connected devices and internet services. You can go through the aforementioned eligibility criteria, application procedure and other pertaining details to qualify for the services and benefits that are provided by Copper Valley Wireless.
Frequently Asked Questions
How To Contact Copper Valley Wireless?
You must dial the toll-free number 1-800-400-1273 to report line issues, check on the progress of open service requests, or learn more about construction related to your new service. Customers of Copper Valley Wireless can also email at [email protected].
What Are The Copper Valley Plans?
Copper Valley offers unlimited nationwide talk and text in monthly data plans, and free roaming in Canada and Mexico. There are no additional equipment fees with unlimited data plans, and the cost per line decreases as the number of lines increases. To best suit your needs, you can combine and match different plans.
Why Do Copper Valley Wireless Provide Free Cell Phones?
In order to assist low-income people in obtaining free phones and free cell phone service, the government has established the Lifeline and ACP program. Copper Valley Wireless participates in the program and so offers free phones to those who qualify.
Can I Switch To Another Service Provider From Copper Valley Telephone Cooperative?
Yes, individuals have the freedom to switch to another service provider while being enrolled in the federal Lifeline Program. You must inform Copper Valley Telephone Cooperative about your decision to change the service provider and follow the rest of the procedures to switch swiftly.